February 29, 2012

February Favorites

I know we have been mia for a while. Both Tiffany and I have been quite busy for the past few weeks. Tiffany just moved into her first apartment ever (Congrats! =]) and I've been busy updating my portfolio and putting together my website - I had absolutely no idea how time consuming putting together a custom website could be.

Anyways, back to subject of this post: February Favorites! This is only my list of favorites. We decided to do separate entries to cover more products.

1) Clinique: Even Better Clinical Spot Corrector

Recently I had a close look in the mirror and discovered that I have quite a few developing sunspots. The only reason why I was willing to give this a try is because I got a fantastic discount with my friend's employee discount; otherwise, it is quite pricey at $49.50 for 1 oz. which supposedly only last four weeks (The sales told me that I can also use it as a spot treatment). I've only just started using it two days ago so I can't say much about its effectiveness. However, it is an excellent serum. Leaves my skin silky and soft, and it absorbs ultra fast! The website says it takes 4 weeks to show results, so that's another post for another day. 



2) Skin 79: Super + Blemish Balm (BB Cream)

So I've been using this product since last summer. It lasts quite a while since I'm still using the same bottle. First off, if you haven't noticed already, there is a typo on the packaging: it spells blemish as "beblesh"; kinda funny, but not to worry because this is not a counterfeit bottle since I purchased this from an authorized retailer. Anyways, I love this product because of its 3 in 1 multipurpose use. BB cream has been quite the rage in Asia and now it's making an appearance her in the US as well. But I generally stick to the Asian brands since they've been doing this for a while. This particular product has whitening, sunblocking, and anti-aging properties. A little goes a long way, making my skin look smooth, even, and naturally milky. I think it comes only in one shade and its on the lighter side. It does adjust to your skin color a little bit after you put it on, but I would not recommend it if you are naturally tanned. 



3) Lancome: Teint Miracle Foundation

This is the one and only liquid foundation that I own right now. When I find something I love, I tend to stick with it just because I know it won't disappoint and this is one of those products for me. Teint Miracle provides moderate coverage, and gives me a natural and dewy finish. And it STAYS ALL DAY! I also love that it is so light weight that I forget I'm wearing makeup. Added bonus: it has spf 15 but does not leave my face shiny.



4) Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow

I know many many MANY people have been raving about Loreal's Infallible Eyeshadow so I caved in and purchased these. I have to say that I am impressed with its quality. I'm a palettes kind of girl and rarely purchase separates, not that there's anything wrong with separates. This is probably the most impressive in terms of quality compared to other drugstore brands. Its so pigmented and have great staying power. The two colors I purchased, Bronze Taupe and Amber Rush, are lovely. So versatile, depending on how much you layer, it can be both daytime and night time make up. And, they absolutely go with the colors in the Naked Palette (still my favorite).


Thanks for reading!

- Bao

No comments:

Post a Comment