March 22, 2012

How To Sell On Ebay



My mini shopping addiction is really bad news for my skinny wallet. Especially whenever I hang with my bud Tiffany (that B***h~~~~~ I kid) Anyways, as a means to cushion the credit card damage and to clear up closet space I have one rule: if I buy something, I must sell something. I often sell preloved items in great and wearable conditions. Mostly Shoes, Clothes, and Handbags.


I've been doing this for a few years now and came up with a couple of rules.

Rule #1 Take Good Pictures
This is one of the most important rules. Potential buyers want to see exactly what they are buying. If your picture is unclear, blurry, or visually unappealing, other of the same items are just a click away. Take all kinds of pictures: full shot of the item, close up details that buyers might want to see, even things like tear and wear. Having a full and detailed set of pictures shows that you are a responsible buyer.



Rule #2 Describe Your Item In Detail
I do not mean a descriptive essay from English101, but the more important details that buyers should know. For example, if I am selling a dress, the following details should be included:

Brand
Size
Condition (include details about wear and tear, be honest to avoid bad feedbacks and returns)
Measurements
Color
Features or Other Important Details (something a buyer might want to know, like the dress has a side zipper)


Rule #3 List Your Conditions
If returns are not accept for any reasons, list it.
If you only ship in the US, list it.

Rule #4 Keep It Simple
I avoid writing paragraphs. Who wants to read a block of text? Online retailers list their item details and so should you. Keep it clear and simple, that way buyers know exactly what they are bidding for.

Rule #5 Be Responsive and Be Nice
This is almost a no brainer. You want to keep your buyers happy so they might be more willing to leave a good feedback if they decide to leave one at all. Feedbacks are very important to your reputation as a seller. Good feedbacks increases the chance of buyers choosing you over another seller since you will look more responsible.

These people do not know you, they only have your feedbacks to evaluate your business ethics. Which leads to my other point, when asked a question, respond in a timely manner. And, do not forget to leave a feedback for the buyer as well - keeps the relationship healthy.

Hope this helps

Just so you know, this entry is  my segway to Things I am Selling entries since I am kind of desperate.

Happy Ebaying!!

-Bao

No comments:

Post a Comment