March 5, 2012

Layering Lip Colors



Last year I experienced a sudden obsession with lipstick. I experienced mostly with reds, pinks, and nudes. I was not very experienced with wearing lipsticks so I had a lot of hits and misses. Those shades that did not work ended up in a pile in the back corner of my drawers. A few days ago I rediscovered them and did not have the heart to throw them out. They cost money after all. So I decided to experiment with layering to make the shades more suitable for me. I was quite happy with the results  because not only was I able to save the lipsticks, but the colors came out surprisingly well. I encourage everyone to try this to revive tired lip colors.

So during the frenzy over the Revlon Lip Butter, I went a little overboard and purchased many shades. I wasn't too fond of how Creamsicle, Creme Brulee, and Strawberry Shortcake looked on me. Both Creamsicle and Creme Brulee were too nude for me and made me look a little sick, even a little ganguro. And Strawberry Shortcake was too bubblegum pink for my taste. So here's what I did:





I put on Creme Brulee on first. It is more nude/brown than Creamsicle. It made my my lips pale. So to give it a pop of color I layered on Strawberry Shortcake.



Strawberry Shortcake gave my palely coated lips a pop of color, while Creme Brulee toned down the pink. I loved the results!

For the following I layered on Dior Lip Glow and Creamsicle:





Creamsicle is more of a peachy nude, but nonetheless still too pale for me.



I layered Dior Lip Glow on top. Lip Glow gives my lips a bright pink tint, but the nude color tones it down to a color more fitted to me.

Overall, its all about experimenting. So experiment until you find the right combination.

- Bao

No comments:

Post a Comment